She didn’t know what she was missing…until he found her.
Maxwell Knight was positively trouble, dangerously good-looking, and seductively charming. He was everything Jeanella didn’t need in her life. Only Max didn’t see it that way. His pursuit was relentless, making her even more determined to push him away. All she wanted was security, a career, and love that was everlasting.
Fresh out of college, life was simple and plain for Jeanella Mefferd, but she liked it that way. Every part of her life was smooth sailing; her friends, her job, and even the guy she’d started dating. Then one night, while at dinner with her best friend, she spotted someone who made her feel things she’d never felt before just by his mere presence—dangerous, heart pounding, breathless heat. Thinking she would never see him again, she brushed it off, but when she started to run into him unexpectedly, all she could think of was how he made her feel with his sweet flirtations. Everything about Maxwell Knight screamed trouble, especially when she found out he was her new boss’s son. Now, heading to a New York fashion show she’d dreamt about since she was a child, would she be able to focus on her career instead of Max, who had been scheduled to attend with her? As much as she tried to forget their encounters, his good looks, charm, smooth words, and determination to win her over gravitated her toward him. The next thing she knew, he was utterly consuming her, mind and body, and in places she’d never thought possible. Would she be willing to step over the boundary and risk her safety net? Was she willing to take advice from her best friend and love hard and risk getting hurt, rather than not really love at all and possibly miss out on finding something great?
Something Great is a fast paced new adult novel that is full of hotness and anticipation that teaches you to never settle, but to hold out for something great!
Jenna’s life is simple and safe. She has her best friends, steady job, a new relationship that is safe and progressing slowly. It’s not in her nature to be spontaneous and reckless. However, life for Jenna is about to change when she interviews for the job of her dreams and runs into a gorgeous guy who is very flirtacious with her.
Jenna likes her slow moving safe relationship she has going on at the moment. It’s so safe that she doesn’t actually know if they are “boyfriend-girlfriend” yet. However, the mystery guy that she keeps running into, but yet has not been able to get a name, leaves her daydreaming about a not so safe romance. Jenna’s best friends try to encourage her to persue this mystery man, but will she ever run into him again?
Something Great is a coming new adult novel that heats you up from your head to your toes. As I was reading, I literally wanted to be in Jenna’s shoes. The incredible storyline increases rapidly, as Jenna goes out of her comfort zone after she learns that she deserves more out of life than just hanging back. Jenna’s best friends, a group from college, are incredible funny and totally honest. Max is mysterious and sexy, hindering you from putting the story down because you desperately thrive to learn more about him. As you learn more about Jenna and Max, you discover how much you crave for their romance to blossom. There are obstacles along the way, (this is a new adult book and not a fairy tale you know!), so don’t think it’s going to be smooth sailing. Twists and turns are a definite attention grabber, and you learn that something great may turn into something wonderful.
It’s a must read in a new genre that is fast growing with popularity
Interview with Mary
Interview with Mary
1. How did you come up with the story line for Something Great, and how did you plot it out? It started as a dare from my friends. I told them there was no way I could write the sex parts…but apparently I could…lol! Blush!!! I sort of had an idea: their jobs, where they lived, friends, family, but I had no plot. I just started from chapter one and let it go from there. When I told my friends, they were really excited.
2. How did you create the main characters personalities? The main characters’ personalities are based on my husband and me…but of course I’ve added a lot more spice to readers’ appeal. It was easier for the characters to come alive that way for me.
3. What is the time frame from the moment you created the story, till the time it was ready to be published? To tell you the truth, I think I finished the first rough draft in one month. Yup…one month. I had so much fun writing it that I just couldn’t stop writing. I was holding onto it because I was shy about it. After my friend read it and told me how much she loved it and wanted someone like Max, then I knew I had something to publish. I debated whether to try to find an agent or to self-publish. After speaking to several successful authors, I decided to self-publish. Then the hard part began…covers, editing, promoting, etc.
4. How many books are you planning on writing for this series? For sure there will be 2 because I’ve already begun to start Something Wonderful, but I hope to do 3 in the series.
5. Was is an easy transition to write NA, from writing middle grade and Young Adult? Writing NA was so much easier because I didn’t have to think about all that supernatural stuff I have in my young adult novel, Crossroads Saga. There are many questions that must be answered in stories like that, but with new adult novels…you’re writing about life in general.
This or That Questons
Day or Night: Day… I’m afraid of the dark, but I LOVE writing during the night when it’s peace and quiet.
book or ereader: Book but I LOVE my ereader to take with me when I travel.
read or write: Write, but I LOVE to read too.
sweet or salty: Sweet for sure. I LOVE Godiva chocolate.
stay home or vacation: Vacation. I want to see the world.
About the Author:
Mary Ting resides in Southern California with her husband and two children. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Writing her first novel, Crossroads Saga, happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death of her beloved grandmother, and inspired by a dream she once had as a young girl. When she started reading new adult novels, she fell in love with the genre. It was the reason she had to write one. Why the pen name, M Clarke? She tours with Magic Johnson Foundation to promote literacy and her children’s chapter book, No Bullies Allowed.
You can find Mary at:
Here are some graphics that are fan made!!
Amazon kindle and softcover: http://www.amazon.com/Something-Great-ebook/dp/B00DZ07ATQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374415402&sr=1-1&keywords=m+clarke
Enter to win an Ebook of Something Great!! INTERNATIONAL